Interesting in volunteering with NAJOM?
Currently, we are looking for help in the following areas:
· Editing/proofreading: In either English or Japanese.
· Translation: Japanese to English or English to Japanese.
· Layout/design: In English and Japanese. We use Adobe InDesign and simple preset guidelines. Experience would be an asset, but training can be provided.
· Web/Social media presence: Our existing website is very simple. We need experienced help and a small amount of time to maintain or improve it.
· Representation in Japan: We need a ‘voice’ on the ground in Japan (and other countries), to increase readership and participation. Existing seeds can be sewn and nourished.
· NAJOM Ambassadors: To represent/increase awareness of NAJOM at seminars and conferences (this might involve asking instructors for a few minutes to introduce the journal or space to set up a small display).
· Advertising: Identifying and communicating with potential advertisers.
· Accounting: To meet obligations as a non-profit society.
· Fundraising: In support of NAJOM's key projects such as Moxafrica, research, and international relief.